Saturday 27 March 2010

OverView...

Overview
Overall I feel relieved, this project for me has been a drag and stressful. I managed to finish all my work to the best that I can produce and feel confident about it. Our storyline is about a girl dreaming and is in different locations’ wearing a dress that is making her travel around. The idea was to show our viewers that it is all a dream at the end of the film and it was the dress that was making her travel in time (The time machine dress). One of our strengths in this film is that the locations and styling fits in well with our mood given (Ethereal). I think some of our camera work was good but still needs to be more accurate to get the shots that we want in the future. I like the track that we have chosen for the film, simply because the visual content flows with it. Other aspects of the film like the dress; I feel is slightly a weak point only because it doesn’t reflect our designers work apart from the colour of the dress. However again I believe it goes with our mood. There’s a part in the film were the camera zooms and cut into the next scene looks very amateur but I think the way we have edited it is pretty good for beginners. The reason why we ended up with something a little less than we expected is because of some our files that got corrupted. The final piece doesn’t really go with what we wanted (the dress having electric effect) but I’m hoping we pulled it off. I have worked really hard and I believe the results are shown through our work. I have had couple of conflicts with my partner about the work which was slightly stressful but we managed to work it out and work together. This has probably been the hardest project yet for me but I always knew I can get through it. I have enjoyed doing this project, it was a great experience for me and I have learnt a lot about camera work, editing. However I don’t think I would want to get into a filmmaking career it’s just not the one for me. I would like to thank my partner Vanessa for working with me and the effort she put in this project and not to mention all the teachers giving me a hard time with this project. I truly appreciate it, for making me work harder and hopefully it’s shown through the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment